Have you ever think about quality of life? What makes our lives good? Is it just the money? Is it friends? Family? Health? Or something else?
It is interesting how it doesn't take much for one to be happy. This world has so much opportunities that you can choose from. In my opinion it is all up to you, or you will be happy and satisfied with what you got or you will always seek for more. I'm interested in seeing some of your opinions.

Sometimes I think the world is an awful place, just because our well being can be easily contrasted with the horrible lives of others, such as the lives of many Africans, etc. I do think what makes life good is being able to do what you want, and overall finding anything you can do to make yourself happy, and to help others achieve happiness.

Remember, money doesn't buy happiness ...

But I'd much rather be rich and miserable than just miserable XD

On a more serious note though, I would much rather have a loving family than all the money in the world. Everyone's different though and we shouldn't condemn people for what their aims in life are.

Money is a wonderful thing to have for sure, but i would rather know that my children and grandchildren are healthy and loved. One could have all the money in the world and be so un happy with themselves.
Money can buy you happiness for a little while and once it's all gone your friends disappear and the party's over. Fine cars, awesome homes, tons of friends, but when the dishes are done your left with a sad heart.

I agree with you bbfeet, good and loving family and health are all that one needs to be really happy. Money is fine and it is nice to have it, but it does not mean that you will be instantly happy.
Deathavenga's is right, trying to help other to be happy is a very good thing.

And kingfreez, my friend was ones joking and said that it is better to be rich hole life than poor for seven days. :-)

I agree with all of the above statements and have learned that "money can't by love, happiness or health".
Let's face it without those things how could anyone be happy?
I remember as a young girl me telling my Father "Dad I wish we were rich". His comment, "if you were rich you would never want for anything...how much fun would that be? Besides if you don't have your health you don't have anything". Of course at the time it was hard for me to understand what he meant but of course now I understand it fully!
The only good thing about money (I should say growing up in a wealthy family) is that it gives the young ones more opportunities in life. Meaning they have money to travel, go to better schools and family aquaintainces to help them get a foot in the door.
If you don't have money you have to work much, much harder at getting where you want to be.
Not really a bad thing...just more work and time.

Hi everybody,
What about when people won the lottery? Do you think that they become happy? I'm not too sure about answers to these questions, but I think that receiving a lot of money is not always so positive. People intend to chance rapidly in a bad way.

Of course, those that are lucky enough to win a lottery suddenly become ecstatic, but then when the wallet is empty, so is the heart.

Did anyone see the game show, So You Think Your Smarter Than A 5th Grader? A grammer school principal won the whole enchilada, $100,000,000 big ones, this was just about a year ago. The other nite i was watching the news and the question came up, "where are they now"? I came in on the tail end of this report but i'm sure that she and her husband are now bankrupt.

That's what happens. One all of a sudden becomes famously rich, goes crazy, then it's over. It does not take so long to plow thru all that money. You can buy all the happiness you want with that. I have never won a lottery, nor do i have scads of disposable income, but i have had a similiar experience, just recently in fact.

So, if i had the pleasure to hit it big, i would pay off every single one of my debts, pay off my kids debts, buy them all a house, put some away for the grandkids future education, take a trip (a long one) then probably invest some of it. It would just ne nice to go to a store and see something that you really like without having to cut into your household budget to get it. Hmmm, i really love those shoes, but i have X amount for groceries, bye bye shoes. :'( By the way, i am a shoe freak and a half :-S

Who do YOU work for? :)

I work for "The Man". :D

But I like this article, and I like this part also: "I am just as dedicated and disciplined to do my absolute best regardless of what the pay is because that is a part of who I am; that is the work ethic that I have developed. And, I continue to learn and grow and expand my skill sets and my abilities because I am really working for myself."

What do you think about this?