Hello :)

A few days ago, I won at some crazy lottery.

I was watching television, and it was some show, I don’t even know the name of the show, about pets and animals.

I won 2 kilograms of doggy biscuits. I am really happy because I never had a luck in this, but now, I am happy :)

I think that this is a good thing, and I want to give those doggy biscuits to my senior dog.

My friend told me that I should not do that, because “there are some potential risks”.

Is this true?

Can I give it to my senior dog? 

Hello. You can give to your dog whatever you want. The only question is – is this acceptable and good for your dog? I am glad that you won this award, but you have to be careful – you cannot give big amount of those biscuits to your dog. Especially because you have a senior dog, and they need to eat nutritional and balanced food, with very small amount of sugar in it. So, if you ask me, I would not give those cookies to your dog at all, but if you still want, you can give him one or two per month. That is OK, even if I am against those treats, especially when they are not homemade. 

I’ve never had luck when it comes to those lottery prices.  I keep playing though, even though I have never won a thing. Few months ago I played  Purina “Paw it Forward” Instant Win Game. I could’ve gotten two coupons for free Purina brand pet food and treats. I played once daily to increase my chance of winning, but…. Still no luck.

As for your question, yes you can. But I’m not sure which type of biscuits are we talking about?

Senior dogs need softer dog treats. And be careful with the amount, senior dogs need less calories cause they’re usually less active.

Hey there guys :)

I am so glad for you. I also never had any luck in those things, and I am playing all the time :) But, nothing :) I think that I am not able to win in those things never :)

Anyway, let’s talk about your question :)

I don’t agree with you, Dog Whisperer, and I am really sorry to say this, because I always agree with you, but now – I don’t agree.

I was talking with my vet, and he told me that senior dogs should eat cookies sometimes, of course, not that often.

I don't know why somebody should avoid it. 

I don’t recommend giving biscuits to senior dogs. I have a senior dog myself and I used to read a lot about their nutritional needs.

They need to be on a quality diet that includes mostly quality proteins and also the diet should not be rich in calories cause senior dogs don’t need as much calories as younger dogs do. 

If you have firmly decided to include treats in his diet, I recommend you to go with softer dog treats and cookies. Especially if your dog has a teeth problem. 

So, only all natural dog treats that won’t irritate his sensitive gums.

Hello. That is my opinion, and I have totally right to say that I am against this. I didn’t change my opinion, and I still believe that you should not give your senior dog biscuits. OK, maybe you can do it once or twice in a month, but you should make them by yourself. That is ok totally. But, you should know that those doggy biscuits doesn’t have any nutritional values that your dog need in his organism. That is why I don’t recommend it. You can chose some treats that really can be good for your dog, but I am against doggy biscuits. 

Well, those biscuits you won as a price are probably not a good idea to give to your dog cause they’re probably full of unnecessary calories and additives. On the other hand, if you plan to make your own homemade doggy biscuits in the future, I don see a reason why not. 

Just keep in mind that now when you have a senior dog, you need to use different ingredients than you would use to prepare food for let’s say puppies. 

Senior dogs have different nutritional needs and I suggest you should read about it before you determine your  biscuit recipe.