Hello, guys. Ever since I was a kid, I had freckles. I must admit that they annoy me a little bit. I would like to know what causes freckles. I am thinking of removing them, but before that, I would like to know what they are exactly. I hope I will find here some answers. Bye!

Hello. Freckles are black or brown spots that appear on parts of the skin that are exposed to the sun. They are relatively common for those who get sunburns easily. In skin, there are special cells that produce skin pigment – melanin. If the skin is overheated by sun, more melanin is produced. If this melanin accumulates in one place, then freckles will appear. Sun can also make existing freckles darker. For further information, you should talk to your dermatologist. He will also recommend you treatment options. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!