So a few weeks ago i started feeling real bad.. i became super tired; but i couldn't sleep; had high fevers, and my throat was killing me! my tonsils were swollen, and had bumps on them also white stuff & i had mucus in the back of my throat.. my dad took me to the doctor, and the lady said she didn't know what i had for sure. She said that it could be mono, and if it was, there was nothing i could do about it. So when i got home i called my boyfriend told him what happened.. Turns out he had mono a few years back.. & he didn't know he could give it to me.. Well he told me that i should eat cold stuff and drink lots of Gatorade.. So i did, and two weeks later i was feeling better.. my tonsils were still huge with bumps, but NO pain.. NOW after 2 weeks of being sick free.. the pains coming back.. except its only on the right side of my throat.. yet BOTH tonsils are still big! i don't know what to do.. & i cant afford to sick too many days of school. & on top of it all.. my boyfriends 16th birthday is this Saturday, and we planned to go to the beach together with his family.. but because im sick again, my dad wants me to stop seeing him till i get better.. what do i do? how can i get better faster..for GOOD!?

have you been tested for strep throat??

Your doctor should be able to diagnose mono! If that is what you have - it's true that there really isn't much you can do about it other than rest a lot. If you are still having symptoms this much later I would go back to the doctor. If that is the issue - your time away from school should be excused. Talk to your parents...get back to the doctor to reassure yourself!