Hi ladies, I'm 5 weeks 5 days pregnant. I've been spotting since I found out I was pregnant and sometimes it's light pink when I wipe. Had hcg levels checked they went from 190 to 396 so they doubled but are low. Having a lot of lower back pain and mild cramping. I have 3 healthy children and 2 miscarriages. One was a MCC. I did not bleed or cramp with my healthy pregnancies. So this has been worrying me. I woke up this morning to go to the bathroom and at the bottom of the toilet sat small light red flakey pieces. I almost didn't even want to call them clots. They ranged from the size of a grain of rice to the size of a dime. When I wiped no blood or brown spotting. This is the second time this week I've seen this. It's a holiday weekend and my doctor isn't open for two more days. Do i go to the ER or wait it out? No cramping yet. I had a vaginal ultrasound 3 days ago cause I was bleeding and no sac yet but thickening of uterin lining. My doctor said that's expected with my levels and that my body was preparing for pregnancy. Well everything I've read, by 5 weeks their was at least a sac. What to do? ER, or wait? And what were those things in the toilet? Help I want this baby :(

Hi Ang,

The waiting on this one is going to be hard.  Everyday you have had spotting, that's unusual.  If you want your concerns put at rest than go to the ER, if you don't mind the clots and they are not painful than maybe do some bed rest for a day or two (if at all possible with your other children around) and see if the bleeding subsides.  But, do make an appointment for as soon as possible after the long weekend with your OB or family doctor, if you don't have an OB now would be the time to get one from your family doctor especially as you have gone through a few miscarriages and such.  Good luck and I do hope everything is fine for you and the little one growing inside of you!

Thanks. Yes I have an OB. And no their is no pain. Just the mild cramping I've had since the beginning and the lower back pain. Nothing I can't deal with. The spotting and flakes or pieces if tissue in the toilet scare me more than anything. A waiting game I guess.

Thought at our age we were done with games?  Not where babies are concerned; there is always the waiting game.  If it gets worse than go to the ER if it stays this way make your appointment for as soon as possible.  Any questions, I'm here all weekend.

Thank you so much!