This is really embarrassing, but I really have nowhere to turn. I feel like I'm going crazy and like this is all in my head.

I have had a persistent issue with my bowels since I was 15. I don't really like to talk about it with family because it's so embarrassing. I'm in and out of the bathroom constantly because I'm having 'movements'. I have to avoid caffeine because it makes it a lot worse. If I have caffeine, I'm usually in the bathroom the entire day. I have always had a lot of 'mucous' in my bowels, so much that I have to wear pads.

It seems like I have sporadic diarrhea. I can go two weeks to a month and be fine and spend the next three weeks in the bathroom because of it. There also tends to be blood in it, sometimes there is very little to none and then I have nights like a few weeks ago where the toilet water is dark red from the amount of blood.

Whenever this problem flares up, my stomach gets so crampy and tender, I just want to kill anyone who thinks about touching it.

During my pregnancy, I had a hard time gaining weight, to the point where I had to stuff my face with cake to try and put on the weight. My daughter was still small when she was born. I lost all of the pregnancy weight so fast and I still keep losing weight. I've went from a size 6 to a 2 (0 in some jeans)in a matter of months and I still keep losing it. My parents think I'm intentionally starving myself and I'm not. =(

I also feel tired all the time. I need to sleep atleast ten hours a day and I still feel tired. I'm also always wearing long sleeves and two pairs of socks because I feel like I am cold.

I have not told my husband about this problem because I'm scared that he'll be grossed out. Sorry that my post is so long, there are other issues too but I'm not sure if they have anything to do with it.

It sounds like you have hiv. I dont mean to scare you, but aids is the new epidemic. Nevertheless, as often as we pretend or say it cant be us we fail to realize it truley can.

I would have the doctor check your thyroid. Several of the symptoms you have can relate to a thyroid issue. The good thing is that it can be treated with medicine.

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/basics_starthere/a/symptoms.htm

you should see a doctor!

First of all, the fool who is talking about HIV needs to learn more social skills, and how to spell, and realize that they TEST for that when someone is pregnant, and realize that was one of the most insensitive, dumbass things to post on a message board.

You should make a list of al the symptoms you have experienced along with a timeline and take that to your doctor to discuss with him. Also, keep a food diary, along with bowel symptoms for a week.

Do not be afraid to talk to your doctor about this, it could be something easily managed with medicine and proper care.

You definitely should have your thyroid tested, but also, make sure you tell your doctor about the mucous and other symptoms.

There are many causes, some are bacteria, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease.

The worst thing you can do is continue to ignore it. If you don't want to talk to your husband about it, that's understandable, but do see a physician.

It's better than posting on a board where random strangers who have no manners or education can make inane comments.

You should make a list of all the symptoms you have experienced along with a timeline and take that to your doctor to discuss with him. Also, keep a food diary, along with bowel symptoms for a week.

This sounds very much like the symptoms of IBS, which can be under control for a few weeks or even a year at a time, but when aggravated can make life miserable. All of your symptoms with the exception of the blood in your stool are common to IBS. While there is no medication that I know of to help with this syndrome, a change in diet makes a dramatic difference. I suggest talking to your doctor right away because of the bleeding and weight loss, and adding more fiber to your diet.

Check yourself for food allergies.IBS is what this can be called.However IBS is a collection of symptoms and not the cause itself.IBS is a term used when no other cause is diagnosed.
Change your lifestyle a bit with more relaxation techinques in your daily routine.
AND you are not alone.

Just a minor update of no importance:

I got really tired of dealing this and finally went to the doctor about it, was referred to a specialist. I've been diagnosed with IBS and have been put on medication. It's helping a little.

Thanks for your help.

thank you !!!!!!!!!!! my daughter is having the same problems and now i have some idea of what it may be .............THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like Celiac Disease to me. Simple blood test can find out for you, go to the doctor and ask him to test you for celiacs.

thank you, all this sounds like my GF discomfort, bloating, Pain, Bleeding, diarrhea,fatigue syndrome, headache and backache

also she is meant to suffer depression, Brian Fog is something she also complains of all the time, Reading on information on IBS this is a symptom....
she has had every test colonoscopy blood etc with nothing found, IBS fits this.

I will be having the Dr treat her for this with there recommendation.

I have had my GF look at the IBS information and she is blowen away with how many problems she has fits this.

My fingers are now crossed as this would help her life on so many levels if it can be controlled.

Thank you all,

if she had HIV i feel it would have been diagnosed since the pregnancy because aren't doctors supposed to do full on testing for those diseases when you're pregnant?

have you had this investigated? There are a lot of causes for mucus and blood in stool and the symptoms that you describe so the best thing to do is to see a doctor and get a proper work up done.