What can you tell me about Meige syndrome? My wife has been feeling muscle spasm within respiratory tract and sometimes it cases her breathing difficulties. Doctors are not sure what cause her condition, so I did some search and I found few conditions with similar symptoms. I would like to know more about this syndrome. Anyone?

Well, I don't know anyone with Meige syndrome, but I know that is rare and that people usually suffer from involuntary and often forceful contractions of the muscles of the jaw and tongue and involuntary muscle spasms and contractions of the muscles around the eyes. So I looked more about possible symptoms and I found that some people with Meige syndrome may also experience spasms of the tongue and throat, resulting in repeated protrusion of the tongue from the mouth and difficulty swallowing, muscle spasms of the respiratory tract.

Hi
I would like to let you know i suffer from the same thing thuds in the chest and it Takes my breath away when im stressed its worse and when im feeling run down it is really bad and it is hard to get your breath back at times im not sure what it is i have never been to the dr but i had it about 10 years ago and it went away for years and now it is back i think it be some thing to do with anxiety and depression.

Hope this helps