Hi, me and my friend have just started going to the gym. We want to strengthen and build up our muscles as soon as possible. What kind of muscle training program would you recommend? Is weight lifting enough or do we need to do some other types of exercises as well? We have never worked out before so we could use some help!

Hello, building muscle mass is just one of many benefits that muscle training, how you call it, can provide. The more acceptable term is strength training. Working out will have affect on your general well-being. I suppose that under weight lifting you consider weight training. Weight training is a form of strength training where your muscles work to overcome the resistance of the weights. And with this type of exercises you can achieve your goals. There is an opinion that you can get results quickly if you do fewer repetitions with heavier weights. Since you are beginners I wouldn't recommend this type of workout. In the beginning the best way would be to do fewer repetitions in two to three series with smaller weight for every muscle group. Don't force yourselves, in time as you gain strength you will be able to lift heavier weights and do more repetitions in more series. After few months the build up of muscle mass will be significant.