What are the most important facts that I should know about weight-lifting for bikers? I’ve noticed that my muscles are not so flexed as they should be, so I’d like to work on my body a bit. Besides, biking can be a pretty strenuous activity and sometimes I feel as if my muscles are too tense. Suggest me a training routine please.

It’s very important that your upper body is very strong and sturdy because cycling is one of the most demanding physical activities. Work on your abdominal muscles because they’re mainly responsible for pedaling. The whole upper body has to be strong because sometimes falls occurs and it protects you from harms which can happen. Fatigue and exhaustion are frequent issues during cycling and these can be avoided if your muscles are strong. So, when winter comes and when you make a pause in cycling, it’s time for a gym. First part of your workout should be with heavier weights and less number of repetition in order to enhance your body mass. The second part of your workout should be at the beginning of the season and then the exercises with lighter weight and more repetitions are practiced.