Hello! Are there any weight lifters around? I have just started working out and I am thinking if it’s better to do heavy lifting or repetition exercises. I want to build my muscles. What should I do? Thx

Hi! I am not a weight lifter but I have been reading that it doesn’t actually matter whether you do heavy weights or repetition exercises, it is important that you decrease your food intake and that you do strength exercises what ever that means in the world of weigh lifting. If you are exercising in a gym, you can also ask some of the trainers there!

I do weight lifting and love it...during the week i will work 5 days of heavy enough weights for myself yet longer reps without any breaks in between to save me time and give my muscles the best fibre tear possible yet once a week i will lower reps and lift extra heavy weights just to build strenght...if you are wanting to build a better body you go for longer reps with a touch lower weights and PROPER FORM or if you are after strenght training you up the weights to really heavy and lower the reps......your nutrition must be perfect for good results and have them too low and your body will go into starvation....eat 5-6 times a day of small meals and stay away from processed foods and only eat whole proteins and carbs and alot vegies especially the green ones and also fruit,

don't forget the cardio if you have body fat to discard...if you are really lean yet just want muscle you have a bit higher calories and do your weight lifting...looking for someone to help you with your nutrition as this is very vital for good results...do some research and look at people who have changed their bodies for the better through weightlifting....

I agree. Portion control is the key!:)

when you lift heavy weights you will build muscle more than if you use repitition, repitition tones your muscles or shapes them if you like :)