I am 21 years old and I have been with my fiance for 2 years now. We have a daughter who will be one next week. He was a heavy drinker when I met him and I grew up with my dad being an alcoholic so I always told him that I wouldnt be with him because of his drinking. So one day, he quit because he really wanted to be with me. I was already living with him because we were roomies and best friends.. so we decided to be together. He didnt start drinking again until a few weeks after I got pregnant (which we planned on having).. and then continued to drink more and more. I was so depressed during my pregnancy because he was out at the bars all hours and would walk home piss drunk and pass out outside, or fall asleep on the toilet and puke all over the house. It affects his job, and our family life.While my daughter was with him while I was at work numerous times I came home to him passed out drunk and she was crying covered in poop, and once just laying on top of his chest screaming where he could have rolled over on her(4 months old).. I left that night. He quit again because I told him I was leaving him.. and he does this every few months where he quits for a little while and then gradually starts drinking again. He hasnt drank(to my knowledge) in about 2 months now and he wants to look at houses. It worries me that if we find a house its more like a trap so he can go back to drinking and I cant go anywhere.. am I just worrying over nothing? What should I do??

Your fiance is unlikely to change. If you decide to stay with him, and I think you will, the vicious cycle is going to repeat itself many more times until you can take it no more. I think the reason you were drawn to him in the first place was because he was very much like your dad (a drunk). Imprinting like this is close to impossible to reverse. That is why so many women and men had stayed helplessly in toxic relationships forever and ever. My suggestion is: try to brace yourself for further storms ahead, try to stay healthy, and try to keep your child healthy. Most importantly, try to educate yourself. Knowledge is power, When you have gained enough knowledge and power, you just might be able to pull yourself out of the situation.

Get him to go to a alchol support group & do a proffesiinal community detox followed by a structured day programme with aftercare support ! Don't give in just yet ! Trust me on this I am a recovering alcholic and only thing is when he is truly really ready to give up the booze he will do it - it will be  hard but gets easier in time - good luck

One should need take him to the re habitation center.

Sober living homes provide a safe, supportive place to live while you’re recovering from drug addiction.they are a good option if you don’t have a stable home or a drug-free living environment to go to.