I’ve been trying to lose excess weight that I’ve had since I was teen for years now, and I was getting older being overweight started to cause me health issues. My cholesterol is through the roof and I’m on hypertension medications, so after trying and failing several diets I decided to try losing weight with help of Xenical.

I’ve been on it for two months and I did lose some weight, but I don’t think I can bare the intestinal side effects any more. I feel like I’m more in the bathroom than doing anything else. From what I’ve heard, Reductil is similarly effective, but would you recommend switching from Xenical to Reductil at this point?

Xenical causes frequent bowel movements because it binds fat from the meals you consume, so the less fat content is in your meals, at least in theory, the less digestive side effects from Xenical you should experience.

But, there is no doubt that you'll always have more frequent bowel movements on Xenical and if that is becoming too much for you to handle, than you can talk to your doctor about other options like Reductil or Duromine. Both of these are appetite suppressants and work totally differently than Xenical, so it might be worth a try.