I just started taking Duromine 30mg. I started at 101kg. I am  5'6 and  21, I have a daughter which plenty of mothers out there will back me up, I don't know how my body works now! I used to know how to lose weight before I was pregnant, now all my old tricks don't work. Hence the Duromine. Desperate Times. Used to be 53kg before my daughter. 

LOOK. I hate to now be negative, But can some of you ladies tell me why you are taking Duromine at 70-kg? I was VERY thin before falling pregnant and now at 101kg I am so ashamed of myself and would kill to be 70kg- 60kg. I literally just want the scales to say that and reading some of the starting weights is like a slap in the face, Some of you weigh 30kg less than I do! and you are taking pills for Obesity control, I really don't think this is the place for people with Image disorders because everyone else who is actually struggling with high weight readings see "62.3kg starting duromine today" etc and it's offensive. Clearly if you think you are fat at that sort of weight, you must be shocked at the 100+ weights. I am only saying this because I was about 62kg a year ago, My fiance decided to cheat on me and turn my life upside down and to be honest, my weight was something I didn't want to worry about when i had to build a new life for my daughter and I. But when I was about 69kg I was f*****g slamming!! Not even kidding, I didn't look over weight at all and I felt great. It pains me to see that what I regard as a last resort when taking Duromine, Girls with weights I am hoping for are also starting. When I get in my 60 something kilo range, I probably wont feel that happy now knowing a doctor would still gladly prescribe someone of that weight a drug for obesity. 

I don't mean any offense by this. Each to their own I guess. I would however like someone to shed some light on why at 60 something kg you'd take such a drastic step. Is the hollywood size 0 thing literally making 60kg's look over weight or you know... let's have a vote. Is 60KILOS over weight with an average height??????

P.s If it is, I guess I have to loose 50kg now. FML.

I just want to punch anyone who talks about using Duromine to lose 'a few kgs' or who b***h and moan about how depressed they that they can't lose anything up to 10kg.  When you're in the 80s, 90s and even triple figures THEN get back to us about your HUGE weight problem. 

It's a sad world we live in to be thin.I need to lose at 30kg as only 5'2 and coming in around 82-85kg.  I have taken duromine but have stopped due to no sleep for the last week.Now have a headache from hell its the coming down from it.

I have 2 girls one is 9 and keeps telling me she over weight but she is under you can see her bones.It is very sad to see young ones writing they need to lose 10kg or less won't be doing your bones any good. duromine should only be used  if all else has failed.

I wishes everone the very best in the weigh loss.

I weigh 61kilos and got prescribed duromine 30mg today because I had a baby 17 months ago and I am 5"0 and my body is out of proportion with my big hips and belly which is causing me to have sore knees because of the extra weight, just because I weigh 61kilos doesn't mean I am skinny.. If you look at my body you will think I weigh more then that.

A person who weighs 50 kilos more than you might find it offensive that YOU'RE using duromine, because they would KILL to be your weight. Then a person who is so over weight that they cant exercise may be offended that someone who can exercise is complaining and taking duromine, when all they want is to be able to exercise. It's all relative and not everyone is happy with one outcome. Can you not see the hypocrisy in what you are saying? If you don't understand the 65 kilo girl having issues, maybe the 130 kilo girl doesn't understand you.

I did get slightly offend by this because at the beginning of your post you said why are people in the 70kg range taking this. Which is where I was when I started duromine (78kg, 15mg). But then you went on saying 60kg? I just want to say, please pleaseee just also consider personal / health issues. I myself used to be 'slamming' 55kg and 163 cm. then all the BS started like Boyfriend breaking up with me (to go to a party as a single guy might I add, twat) On going mental abuse from my fathers wife, one example screaming at me and blaming myself for there divorce, that didn't even happen in the end Loss of my two beautiful Siberian Huskies Breaking relationship with my father Loss of my nephew and, For the first time in my life, when I moved schools I experienced bullying. What did they bully me for? My weight, they made me believe I was fat. That I was actually obese. When in fact I was perfectly fine. I did out on weight but I still looked healthy. All this and more happening within a 3 year period, and while this was happening I was putting on weight and trying to lose it. Raddda radda rah, I was depressed, had a confident level of 0.000000.000. When I returned back to my old school people didn't even reconigze me because I went from this loud, bubbly socialable 'class clown' girl to a shy, awkward, defensive 'sit in the back cornor of the class room by myself' girl. I do agree with you though on girls at the low 60's / 50's kg getting prescribed high mg of duromine, if they are actually already thin. But they've probably just had someone on the sidelines telling them that they're over weight like I did. Only difference between myself and them is my BMI was 29.8, 0.2 points off being medically obese. Anyway, hope this didn't sound offensive. Just putting my 2 cents in. xx.

Read all of the opinions now! And I really understand the 60 kg's girls point! I'm 1,56m long and I weigh 76kg's! My friend weighs 62kg's but looks 90kg's! She's got huge hips and no ass! Muscles also plays a role in weight! !!! I also started my duromine yesterday just to get rid of my lil tummy and I'm also at the gym everyday! And I can weight 90 for all I care as long as everything is in proportion and I look good! So its not all about the weight its how you look! And I'm sorry to say this but in the first place someone who can't go and excersize because they are to obese..... Its a choice! You don't wake up huge one morning! Its all about eating! I love mc'donals and kfc and bread ... And so I can see a difference when I'm eating healthy and not! You have to balance it! Its not nesscesary to starve yourself! You can't blame anyone for your weight issues! Like I said its a choice! Not pointing @ anyone and no offence! If you fall get back up ! Weight is not something you can't do anything about! :)*

I agree with Shanny. I am also on Duromine 30mg and weighed 75kg to start with. My body is disproportionate and it all sits in the one spot around my hips. Just because my weight didnt go up to the 90kg or even triple figures doesnt mean I am happy or being irrational by getting some help with weight loss pills. I too could eat an entire block of chocolate, KFC, chips, and over indulge on my servings but I would even think to get to 90kg or over I would have to be eating an awful lot of food. If your sick of girls 30kg under your weight complaining about being a few kg over, Im sick of women who gain30-40kg being haters just because we didnt get completely out of control. I have had 4 kids and that's always a starting line for an excuse. We are all in charge of our bodies and have control over it. Yes I know some of you suffered in bad relationships, I have also been through it all but always knew that keeping myself in control and healthy was the least I could do. I am also sick of hearing people whinge about trying than gaining it back again, wake up when will you realise that its not a temporary thing to be healthy but should be a routine like sleeping. We need to do it. If you go off duromine and gain weight its because you went back to your old ways which clearly was the reason the weight ballooned in the first place. I know Im going to get a lot of nasty feedback but at least Im being honest, if you can rant at girls who weight less and call them names than I can do the same!

I am shocked at seeing people weigh even the slightest bit in the obesity range it's disgusting you set you body up how it is I way 60 kg and I'm on duromine because my arms and belly are a !!little!! Bit fat and I hate it ,it looks disgusting don't be a hater just because it's going to take you a lot longer to look perfect you got to indulge with fatty sh*t now you have to take diet pills for longer and work your ass of you only live once why live it beign fat when you could have a great body you just need motivation and yes some diet pills to get you going I do not feel sorry for over weight people you done it all on your own you said you were happy with your body a while ago so you have always been like this stop making excuses no matter how fit and toned you are ever one will always want to be that little bit better so how cares if skinny people are taking it be happy for them they don't feel like you

how did it go, I am in a similar situation?

How on Earth can you write an entire paragraph without a full stop? Illiterate people are more annoying than people who let themselves get obese, OR people who want help to lose 5 kgs. Wow!

Totally agree with you!!

Hi guest 1
I agree with you totally. So you over weight girls we are trying not to get to your state. We at 66 kgs are doing something about it so we don't end up like your'll. At that weight when jeans no longer cover your behind or when it does and you have a huge roll hanging over the jeans then you know that 66 kgs is not working. So over weight girls worry about your selves before being nasty to those you wana be like

No offense intended . But why should a women wait until nothing else works an all else has tragically failed an now weighing In at heavy weight just to be prescribed duromine .thats bull. You should respect other women's views on their body . I don't think I'm fat but I do believe I have a major eating disorder where I can't stop eating . I eat well drink plenty of water but still can't seem to kick the cravings googled it all of cravings to the point of losing hope . I don't drink soft drinks or coffee an all that c**p . I have a son who is 7 now an I'm 63kgs 160cm an I believe if you kick it whilst your lighter . Then you won't need to be on it as long as those who are larger .

I've been reading so much on duromine and love hearing everyone's stories, I noticed these comments and thought I'de share my point of view from a thinner person wanting to take it. I am not overweight, but I was 10kg heavier than I am now and lost the weight in a natural manner (eating right/exercise)
Then these last few months my appitite has been roaring, I could eat like its my last day haha! Which is all fun and games when you love food but when you start seeing your weight stack back in its terrifying!
So as a thinner person now, I am going to begin on 15mg of duromine to help with my appetite to help me purely lose what I've been putting back on and to manage my insaciable hunger!
It's not about being super skinny and taking advantage of a drug better for obese people, but we all have our own stories and battles.

I started on 30mg as that's what my doc prescribed but 20mins later I was horrendously Ill! Sweating, green/white as a ghost, vomiting and bad tummy pain! It was aweful. As my very first time taking one I was totally scared off it but after throwing it up inevitably with being sick from it, I've now tried halving my capsule and haven't had the horrible side effects. Fingers crossed