Hi. I am 18 years old. My folks just got divorced… I don`t really care. My father had an affaire and it serves him right. I completely understand my Mom. I just feel a bit confused. I can`t concentrate on anything and my grades suck. I can`t learn, or even think about the school. What to do?

Hi. My parents are divorced for 7 years now. I was 8 years old in that time and I can`t remember all the things that happened. But I was so confused and I though my Daddy left because of me. I live with my Mom. The two of us were talking all the time about it, and she explained it all to me. You should talk with your parents about the divorce. It`s really helpful. My Mom has a new boyfriend now. I like him. He`s not bad, I guess.

why not try talking about it with other people your age that have been in the same situation, my parents divorced when I was pretty young so it might be a bit different for you, what helps best is knowing that your not alone in the situation and that so many other people have felt the same way as you do. try relaxing a bit too, maybe you think it doesnt bother as much as it really does. you not being able to concentrate or learn things is your subconscious telling you that there is something wrong, so as I said, just try relaxing a bit and give into thinking about it for awhile. You probably never gave yourself time to get over it because you thought you didnt need it. its different for everyone though, my parents divorced when I was 4 but I didnt think anythig on it till I was about 14 when I started getting really worked up about it and started feeling like I was cheated of a normal life blahblahblah....of course I realised after awhile that I was kind of kidding myself on that part. so really, dont be bothered with the amount of time it takes for you to get back to normal, even if its way different to other people you know of in the same situation because its different for everyone.

hi, my parents just got divorced a few months ago because my dad had a affair. he was the one who got kicked out and served him right, me and my mum live by ourselfs. apparently my dad did this because it is part of his big mid life crisis, and if this is what your dad is going through, it sucks. he said he would see me every week if i wanted. if im lucky i see him once every month. ive tryed to understand that he will get over it but mum told me dad wont get through this mid life crisis until maybe 5 years, im still wondering if i want to see him with the way he is acting. hes not being a dad anymore he is being a stranger.