so here i am crying while writing this, can barely see. i finally told my parents that i seriously think i have ADD. and that i would like to go to a doctor to go check this out. they speak a different language so i tried explaining what it was to them, and i was being completely serious. because it sounds stupid, but i was trying to get the nerve to tell them this, because i thought they wouldnt believe me. i told them that i have very much diffuculty payying attention in class. i get distracted very easily. for ex.: if i see a piece of tape or something i will start rolling it up into a ball and playing w/ it for ten minutes. or i CONSTANTLY space out, and i mean constantly and then i wont hear what the teacher is saying. i also tend to daydream alot, and if im in the mood i will always doodle. my spirals are filled w/ doodles. so here i am trying to study w/ my dad for economics im 15 and a girl btw. and we are going over these problems ok? and we are doing them over and over. same problems but different numbers, and i forget whatt to do. i just forget, thats all. he has to teach me what to do over, and i forget again on the next problem. its like im actually seriously trying not to look like an id**t, and im concentrating like i dont even know how much! and then i look like a bigger iddiot making him go over it AGAIN. so then i started talking to him about this ADD stuff, like i said, and he was kind of confused, so i showed a paragraph for him to start reading, and him and my aunt and my mom just start cracking up aat me. and they're like this is hilarious! everyone daydreams in class! and im like are u kidding me, do they do it 3/4 of the class?!! i just start randomly crying, cant believing tthat my own familly members dont belive me, ya know?? i just ran to my brother instantly, cuz i tell him everything(sounds weird but he gives good advice) hes 17 yeah we had a talk, i hope he tries to talk to dad :-) that would be nice. plz somebody give me some advice all i waant is to gett checken up, but they wont do even that foor. likee seriouusly, my dad saw me crying, and he tried to give me a hug, and hes like ill read the article, and ill print it out........ all i wanted him was to belieeve mee..... yyou kknow what! its my fault i saw it ccoming..... i appreciate whoevver tookk their precious time to read this :-)

Hi there! Honestly, I understand you and your parents. I haven't heard of ADD before, I just read an article about it. I read that there are more different types of ADD. Well we can all recognize ourselves in characteristics like inattention, easy distractibility, disorganization, procrastination, forgetfulness, and lethargy (fatigue), there are also the symptoms of hyperactivity or impulsiveness, do you have all those? Your parents might not understand it because it's a quite "new disease", so they've probably never heard about it. Do you have a psychologist in your school? Maybe you could talk to him first about the problem, maybe he could help you find out the solution, maybe he could help you persuade you parents. Maybe it's not the ADD what's causing it. I read that there's a treatment for the Attention deficit disorder. The therapy consist of medication and behavioral therapy which is recommended to improve organizational skills, study techniques or social functioning. Keep trying, I can only imagine how it feels... Talk to some psychologist about this behavioral therapy. Good luck! :-)