my girlfriend got got told she was bipolar back in march we havent been getting on well and i really havent been there as much as i should. we love eachother and have a little boy who is almost 3. i feel like all the weight is on my shoulders and its getting too much. she has been given medication and has been on it for the last 2 months but she came off it at the weekend and has been funny ever since. yesterday she broke up with me and said everything was my fault and she cant stand the sight of me. is this normal? if so what should i do? i do really love this girl but i cant be at work 12 hours a day clean the house and look after our son at the same time. help..

She may be having an episode and you may wanna call her doctor and let them know she is regressing, when you're bipolar you are impulsive, which is one of the symptoms and that's probably the reason for the breakup but just be a good support system to her for the sake of your son...

Let me guess, she stopped the meds on her own without talking or seeing her doctor. That is a big mistake. A lot of people do it and most regret it. If you love her, then take the time to study bipolar because that is what love does. If she loves you then she will do what her doctor said. Your son is in the middle of two people that aren't handling the situation at all. I think the weight is on your sons shoulders and this will affect him in one way or another the rest of his life. Do something now. Coming here was a good first step.