For the last several weeks I have had an intense sensation ( borders between tingling and aching) in both hands when my bladder is full - right before I pee. I have some gallstones and uterine fibroids but nothing serious. Also restless leg syndrome which I believe is much worse on night when I have bloating. Seems like both of gear would be caused by a nerve or nerves being pressed. Anyone have these issues or ideas?

I've had these same sensations for years, signaling an infection. I've also had them when I'm desperate to empty my bladder. You're not crazy. I've never mentioned this to any doctor, but doctors should certainly familiarize themselves with this phenomenon and explain it to us!

I have the same nerve pain in my fingers when having a full bladder, and worse when I've delayed emptying. I have Pure Autonomic Failure - failure of the peripheral autonomic nervousness system..

Happens to me all the time--daily, in fact--and it has been going on for years. I have no other health issues that might explain it and no signs of MS, diabetes or any other issue developing. I do take diuretics for hypertension, so have a frequently full bladder.

I wonder if doctor's have not heard of it because most people don't bother to mention it? I just assumed it was a thing that happens to everyone, until one time I said 'I have to pee so bad my fingers are tingling' and a friend looked at me like I was insane. In otherwise healthy people, it appears to be annoying more than concerning, so maybe it just doesn't hit the medical radar.

I have had the same problem for a few years now, I am not diabetic. I am a healthcare provider.

I am a physician and have experienced the same phenomenon of aching in both hands when emptying an overfull bladder. It resolves as the bladder empties. Not diabetic, nothing to suggest MS and I suggest it is a visceral autonomic induced pain sensation from bladder stretching.

Wow! I have the same sensation but in only one of my right toes. It starts as a tingle, then is actually uncomfortable leaning towards painful until I empty my bladder. Then I'm OK until my bladder is full again. Very strange. I mentioned it to two different doctors but neither one of them had any answers for me. I do not have any known disease but I do have uterine fibroids which are not a problem thus far.

Hi, I'm April.
I suffered from an uncontrolled spell of RA & Lupus for years that was destructive. I've had 23 surgeries, many in which were hint replacements. I've been in remission for 4 years now and since developed a similar pain that no one gets.
As my bladder fills, especially when I really need a ladies room, both of my palms will ache throughout. The more I have to go the more intense the sharp ache.
It was just recently that my sister and I were discussing it, driving home on a 10 car trip lol with a few potty stops, that we decided to see if anyone else had these issues.
What a relief I'm not the only one, but what causes this and why don't any medical professionals know?
Hmmmm

I started with this 3 yrs ago. I was advised that thete is a nerve close to the bladder. When bladder is full nerve is compressed causing sensation in the legs and pelvic area..apprently no need for concern, just a nuisance

I am so amazed to be reading these posts. My hand and foot tingling occurs typically at night, but it is always relieved by emptying my bladder. I was so sleepy when it began happening that it took me a while to relate the tingling relief to the bladder-emptying (I thought maybe walking around relieved the tingling), but eventually I realized the bladder-emptying was the key to the tingling relief. Once I figured that out I believed it had to be nerve related, but couldn't imagine how. Staying asleep is a nightly game since menopause...and I feel like I won if I make it over four hours without waking up...lol. Thanks to everyone for your posts...there is a lot of comfort in knowing I'm not the only one experiencing this.

I am trying to learn something new everyday and decided to try to find the answer to this. It has happened to me for as long as I can remember. It also happens when I get "heart breaking" news.

I have the same problem and yet I get no answers

Exactly same symptoms! Male age 71. Has been happening for a few years. No other diagnosed diseases. I get blank stares from everyone i mention it to . . including doctors.

I also have SBO and this had been the situation for me my whole life! Even after having my back fused it still continued. No one seems to really know why it happens.

I have the same problem and have noticed that it also seems to occur the morning after drinking alcohol. Does everyone on here that also has this problem noice that perhaps this happens worse when you are drinking alcohol?