Hi, I have dental problems. At first my gums were bleeding. It seems that an infection caused this illness. However I listened to some of my friend's advice and I managed to control the gum bleeding. But my gums were not completely healed. Recently a strange feeling in my mouth appeared. My tongue was burning. It felt as if I was licking something really hot, but I didn't. What could be the cause of my burning tongue?

Hi, you should have gone to see your dentist about your bleeding gums. The infection of the gums is a serious condition that can spread to the roots of the teeth and cause teeth decay if it is not treated properly. In your case the bacteria that is responsible for the gingivitis has spread on your tongue. The irritation of the tongue is causing you to feel like your tongue is burning. You should have seen your dentist in the first place, but it is not too late to see him now as well. When you treat the gingivitis you will get rid of the bacteria that cause the burning of the tongue. In the future, when you have problems with your teeth go and see your dentist instead of listening to your friends.