Hi, can the teeth cause a sickness? My husband has developed endocarditis and his doctor believes that’s because, the teeth inflammation he had 2 years ago wasn’t treated properly. Is it possible?

Hi, I had same experience. The teeth inflammation could have caused endocarditis, like in my case. Bacteria that have caused teeth infection may spread by blood stream causing life-threatening problems in other parts of the body. It starts to hurt when it’s too late. The damage doesn’t have to stay only in mouth affecting gums (gingivitis), and the underlying bone, but could be greater, infecting the sac around the heart (endocarditis) and lung, especially if chronic lung disease already exists. Bacteria release toxins that clog arteries and increase likeliness to have heart attack or stroke. Sound mouth means sound body, so it’s important to keep your teeth in good condition