Hello, folks. I think my oral hygijene is good. I brush my teeth two times a day. Nevertheless, I have been diagnosed Periodontitis. I would like to know why I have it. What could be the possible cause? I would really appreciate all your help considering this matter. Thank you in advance.

Hello.

Well, maybe you are not doing something OK. This periodontal disease is something that happens very often and like this one, it is caused by bacteria in dental plaque. You can easily realize that you have problems with it, because this issue leads to swollen, bleeding gums, a sign of gingivitis.

Maybe your hygiene is good, but something maybe you are doing bad, maybe you are constantly sharing your bottle of water with someone who has some bacteria, etc. 

Maybe some kiss could transfer a bacteria into your mouth as well?

You should do some tests in order to find the best bleeding gums treatment

Hi, there. Well, I would rather say that there are other causes responsible for Periodontitis than poor hygiene. Tobacco use is one of them. Even exposure to second hand smoke can be also responsible for this disease. Heredity also plays an important role. Diabetes and other hormonal changes are also possible reasons. Nutritional deficits are another possible cause. You should check out which of those factors are yours. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!