Can you tell me what is the best anti-fungus medication for a facial fungus. It has been there for years. Is it wise to take anti-fungus medication for six months or more? It is located around my mouth and nose area. Itches and is dark coloured.

Desperate. :-(

i have had this for years as tinea versicolor the best i have found is a rx from dr called selsun selinium

Before bed apply clear finger nail polish for a few night. It suffactes the fungus....which does breath.

i just had a lapse of swollen and itchy eyelids, and figured out it was very possibly a fungus. all bodily fungi i have been able to control with the following 3 ingredients:
fresh garlic
raw apple cider vinegar
sea salt

i cut the garlic open and rub it on the affected area. allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes depending on your tolerance for the possible stinging and pain.
then i make a solution of water, vinegar and salt (about a cup of water, a table spoon of vinegar and 1/2 tablespoon salt) and rinse the area that i rubbed the garlic on.

I did this on my eye lids, a very sensitive area, with no negative side affects besides that the garlic will sting a bit while it touches the skin.
my grandma had nail fungus for years, and just soaking in vinegar and salt 2-3 times took it away. good luck!!

if you can not afford a medication from a doctor you can get Nizoral shampoo over the counter (should be in the shapoo lane near the selsun blue) - its sold to control dandruff but contains a low dose of a strong anti-fungal. i used it by soaping up the infected area and lettin git sit for ten minutes before rinsing- i used it once every two days till the visible fungus was gone, then once a week for a month and since then once every two weeks as maintainence- huge improvement- in the end i think i will need meds from the doctor, but for now this gives me total sysmptom relief and alomst total visisble clean up.

hope it helps you too-

My symptoms were,peeling skin on my face.. For twenty years I had one of the best dermatologists in the state but he never diagnosed it correctly. Finally a female dermatogist knew immediately what it was and gave me an anti-fungal cream. She said to use it for one month, long after it appeared to be gone.

Recently I used "Pro Clear"z", which is for toenail fungus. It cleared it up immediately . I am going to continue to use it for a month. I wash my face first.