I am a 30 yr old female.  I have had Seborrheic Dermatitis on my face for 7 months.  It was awful.  It first began on the outside edge of my mouth in my nasal labial folds and actually spread all around my mustache line, under my nose and down on my chin.  Red, flaky, itchy, red UGLY skin.  :(  I tried everything from changing my diet (removing alcohol, sugar, wheat etc.,) dandruff shampoo to prescriptions etc. to no avail. Then I did some research and found that it may be an over abundance of yeast in your body coupled with a weakened immune system.  I went to the vitamin shoppe and purchased "Capryl".  It is capryllic acid in capsule form intended to reduce bad yeast in the body.  The recommendation is to take 6 capsules a day, however I only take 3.  I am also taking Zinc, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and a multivitamin daily. 

For topical treatment of the scales I am washing my face with "Eucerin" Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser for visibly red skin twice per day.  After cleansing my face I apply: "Nelsons" Tea Tree Cream.  This stuff works WONDERS on this dermatitis.  After applying a thin layer of the Tea Tree Cream I dab on "DG Body" Vitamin E oil-  This Vitamin E Oil is actually sold at Family Dollar Stores of all places, it contains Soybean Oil, Vitamin E, and Coconut Oil.  I dab it on after the Tea Tree Cream with a cotton puff.  This Oil is not sticky or greasy. It settles nicely into your skin and soothes and smoothes the scales.  The Tea Tree cream will dry out your skin if used alone, and any other topical moisturizing creams that I have tried on my dermatitis only irritated it.  This oil is natural and WILL heal and sooth your skin coupled with the tea tree cream.  I also started using Almay 97% natural make-up in place of my traditional foundation in that area. I have been doing this for two weeks now and my Dermatitis is 95% GONE!!!! I am certain that it will be cleared up 100% within days.   I forgot what healthy skin around my mouth looked like.  I instantly look younger, fresher, and feel pretty again.  I am going to the beach in a few weeks and I was so scared to be seen with my hideous red rash.  Now I am looking forward to my trip. 

Things you need to buy:

DG Body: Vitamin E Oil

Eucerin: Sensitive Skin Redness Relief Soothing Cleanser

Nelsons: Tea Tree Oil

Vitamins: Zinc, D, C, Multivitamin

Suppliment: Capryl

Please post and let me know if you try this and it works for you.

:)

May sound strange but I also had seborrheic dematitis on my face for years and didn't know what it was. I had 4 different dermatologist prescribe lots of differnt treatments and nothing worked. Then my new dermatologist told me to wash my face with Head & Shoulders dandruff shampoo ( the blue bottle) and DHS Zinc dandruff shampoo every other day and it was completely gone in 2 weeks. Now I wash my face with the shampoo maybe once every 2 weeks just from fear that it will come back but it hasn't at all...... it really works and it's such a relief....

Hi

ill try your remadies & see what happens
thanks for taking the time to do this post im sure it will be a great help

K

@ AZ bluebunny can you please give us an update on your progress? I've found many temporary cures, but nothing seems to last more than a week or two. Was this effective in the long term? Are you still doing it?

Did you combine the 2 shampoos and then wash your face or use each separately?

Did you combine the 2 shampoos or wash with each one separately?

Thank you so much for your suggestions.

I am going to try what you have done . Mine is on my forehead and down to the side of my face. I can't stand the redness. I do not use liquid foundation I use the mineral makeup. In your list to buy you have Nelsons tea tree oil. So is it the oil or the cream you used. Where did you buy the nelsons tea tree oil or the cream at? The suppiment does come in anything else but the capsule? Can you use any brand of vitamin e oil or do you have to buy it at Family Dollar? I hope this works for me. Sometime I feel like putting a bag over my head. Will let you know how it works! Thanks for letting me know. Have been to the Dr. several times and came me different things to try and they don't work.

I was prescribed Ketoconazole shampoo by my dermatologist.  It is in a white bottle and the stuff is orange.  It started working within the first few days.  I wash my face with it almost everyday. I switch up my shampoos throughout the week.  So about every other day I use Head and Shoulders and then the other days I use a good hair shampoo.  If I use the Head and Shoulders too often, my hair gets a sticky film on it as if it won't rinse out completely, and if I use a good shampoo- salon products, or cheapo Tres Semme, or Vidal Sasson- everyday, the dermatitis is difficult to control (even with the prescription shampoo... as facial cleanser).  This regiment keeps the seborrheic dermatitis at bay.  I have probably been doing this for around 6 years.  I also rarely wear makeup and never use a moisturizer.  When I try a moisturizer, it becomes more difficult to keep the dermititis under control.  Now, I want to wear makeup... even sometimes, and I would like to start using a moisturizer again, but I don't know what to use.  I think I'll try to use the supplement approach.  I've never heard of Capryl.  Will post again after I've given it a shot.

Thank you!!!! 

Hi I was just wondering how long it took for your skin to get better? I have this redness down my nose and was told it was seborrehic dermatitus its been there for years I got the Nelsons Tea Tree Oil and I think it helps been using it for a week now but still dont have clear skin?

haizzt..too many options.. i will share to you the greatest treatment and close to cure on this bad skin disease of ours..it will just took two ways..do not eat BREAD!!!!!!!! and take vitamin C supplement a day..!!!i take only 50mg of vitamin c (Cecon chewables to be exact..i cut it tio piesces so that my body can adapt to it little by little..im almost cured by just thee weeks now..also do drink sweet juices and sodas..!!!!i swear this is for real!!!please trust me i am telling the truth im just here to help not to bide you with those unuseful choices..seborrhea is problem inside not outside!!..also i take time to heal my face by washing it only at night before go to bed to renew it self...by just water only!!!our skin need this im totally free from it i really swear guys just give it a shot..!!

i mean do not drink sodas and sweet juices

I was diagnosed with SD 6 years ago. Typical redness with the evil flaking! Hated it. Because I am Spanish mine also was dark more than red. Yuck! Around nose, forehead, chin, mouth. I saw a derm and was given an Rx for a face wash : Ovace. I ended up using the generic SODIUM SULFACETAMIDE 10% WASH. It worked for me after 1 year of suffering and trying to figure things out myself with no luck. It would stop using the was be fine for several months, it would flare up, use wash again, so went the cycle. I have since changed my lifestyle. Eating better, no bread, no sugar, no meat, raw vegetable, more organics, vitamins. I have less flare ups and when I do have them they are not as bad. It's been over a year since my last flare up. That's about the time that sugar and bread went out of my diet. Our outsides may truly reflect what is happening on the inside. We seem to be creatures that are constantly fighting inflammation in all parts of out body. Education on eating clean, and better natural health were my solution. I hope this helps. Blessings ❤

what the hell...some of these comments are fake and intended for commercial purposes..yet some google search also..using steroid creams and shampoo on face makes it really worst i swear on that..(in the long run) y not trying a diet??believe me WE ARE WHAT WE EAT!!..some doctors might tell you "NO!..food is not the issue here"..well IT IS..NO NO on sugar and DAIRY!!!, on alcohols also.. try taking vitamin C and wash your face once a day only to regain your face natural barrier..honestly i do not use any facial wash..i only use WATER..and after that rub my face gently with a clean cloth to throw away some dirt on my face..and at morning i do nothing on my face..believe me your skin will glow and FYI vitamin C is need for collagen production and fast wound healing..hope i helped you ^>^