I am a 20 year-old woman. A year ago, I started to have swollen salivary glands and a recurrent sore throat. I also started with a rash on my cheeks that has not improved with rosacea cream. I didn't have my normal amount of enery, but I could still carry out all my normal activities. I was sick for a week at the end of August with nausea, dizziness, and began to have heart palpitations that would last all night. I started with discomfort in my right side, 3-4 inches beside my navel. It's sore sometimes, just uncomfortable sometimes, and it gurgles. I recovered somewhat, but was still not well. At the beginning of October, the palpitations came back along with severe nausea (my stomach would churn violently, but I never vomitted), extreme lightheadedness and sensitivity to light, sound and smell. My vision was weird, making it almost impossible to read. My pupils were so huge that the whites of my eyes were almost not visible. I also started with a different type of headache. This lasted about 2 1/2 months. By January I was better but not well. I've had 3 bladder infections in the past 8 months and pleurisy/costochondritis for the first time. These symptoms remain: nausea, dizziness, stomach discomfort, recurrent swollen salivary glands, some vision problems/sensitivity to light, cold hands and feet, nails turning purple, recurrent weakness in the limbs, blood/mucus in stool (but no constipation or diaherria). I've had the following tests done: blood tests for electrolytes, Celiac, Lupus, Mono, Epstein-Barr; CT scan; Upper GI; Colonoscopy/endoscopy; chest X-ray; abdominal ultrasound; parotid ultrasound; ECG. Nothing has been found. I have an ENG test and a barium X-ray to the small intestine coming up. If anybody knows anything about this, I would be grateful to hear. Thanks.

I am going through some very similar symtoms and experiences. How did it work out? Are you in good health now, and do you know what was causing you to have all of those symptoms? I don't think I can go through this much longer.

I have had some of these to varying degrees. It took some months and a review of my history, it came down to a toxin ingestion called Ciguatera. Going back to the time did you or had you eaten fish at a restaurant or from the store. It is ver hard to diagnose Ciguatera nd there is no specific test that I know of. Case history is important.

Look forward to hearing.

Sounds to me that you all have a thyroid disease. I had similar symptoms 20 years ago but had a doctor that tested my thyroid when I asked(we have afamiy history of tyhyroid problems). Thyroid is not that difficult to test but finding a doctor that is will to do more then one test seems to be the hard part.

I am having the same problems and more and you do need to have adrenal testing done for Addisons or Cushings disease they are both very rare and most Dr.'s dont even think to test for it. My cardiologist is the one to finally think of it. Good luck and I hope you are doing well now!!