currently i am finishin indoor trakc and next year in the fall right before Indoor i want to run XC to stay and shape and be ahead of the game in indoor

but will it slow down my times for indoor because i really will noto be doing any sprinintg workouts

my times now for indoor ( and these are the three races i need to improve in )

i don't run outdoor track cuz of another sport so my times would be faster but never the less....
200- 25.1
400-57.3
600-1:37.2
800- never ran one timed, but i want to try next year

there not all that great so i really need to work on them

suggestions would be appreciated

thanks alot
plp556

My times were a little slower indoors than out.

I think comparitively speaking your times will be slower

Will it hurt you, I don't think so.

I think XC season will improve your times by building your aerobic capabilities. You'll have plenty of time before the track season to start with your speed work.

yeah thats what i was thinkin!

Yes! Run XC! Run all summer! Run all year for cryin' out loud. Endurance will help your speed more than anything else you can do. Speed/sprint training is all about "sharpening". You can't sprint train all year long. Getting a big base of endurance during the summer and fall is going to be your one-way ticket to improvement come winter and spring track. Yes, go for it.