I was just wondering what people thought i could run 3 miles in giving these times. I had a training run at 7 1/2 miles straight. The first 4 1/2 miles I ran at a 7:35 to 7:20 pace - each mile I sped up. This was a pace that felt in-between easy and moderate. For refernce, my best known 1 mile time is 5:13. The ran the final 3 miles as a sort of race. I was not running quite at race pace, but it was a hard effort. I did the first 2 in 6:32, and then the final one was in 6:07. All together, after 4 1/2 miles already running at a moderate pace the final 3 were 19:11. My best time last XC season was 18:30, and that was at my peak at the very end of the season. I ran this after a 4 week layoff from any running and it was only my 5th practice back. So...given all that, if I ran in a race (assuming the course is fairly flat), how fast do you think I could run 3 miles at this moment in time?

Taking a look at the distance and your times, you have a great last split of 6:07 compared to your other miles. So I believe it is possible for you to run faster than 18:30. I'd say you'll be around 18:00; possibly less.