I have been with my boyfriend for about 8 months now and we have had unpretected sex. I was late for my period and had the symptoms, nausea, fatigue, iritable, dizziness, so i took a home pregnancy test. The pregnancy test came up positive. I went to the nurse at my school and took another test with her to be 100% sure. That test came up negative. She told me to come back the following monday to get my first pee of the morning. The first tests were taken on a friday. Later on that night I started my period and it started off mild then became heavier as the night progressed. I was changing my tampon every hour. My periond only lasted the weekend. I retook the test on monday, still bleeding, and it came up negative again. I still have the symptoms and am not satisfied with the negative pregnancy tests. Could I still be pregnant? Why did the first pregnancy test come up positive and the others negative. And could being on my period effect the tests?

The symptoms you describe are not specific to just pregnancy.

It is unusual to have a false positive test. It is much more common to have a false negative. The first morning urine test should have been the most accurate as the urine is concentrated.

If you've taken two tests since the initial positive I tend to think you're not pregnant. You also would not have had a period if you were pregnant. You may notice some spotting but not as much as you describe. During your period the lining of the uterus "sheds" so there is no place for an embryo to attach to develop.

The other possibility is that you were pregnant and now are not.

Check with your doctor would be the best advice I can give.

Sounds like a miscarrage to me, women have more miscarrages than they relize, I would take a test with a doctor to be sure of what is going on. Also I know a couple of women who had there period up to 5 months and they were pregnant, so you can't be for sure until you go to the doc's. Good luck!