I have been on Loette all year except for a a few weeks in March and April when I went off it. This did not affect my period in any way which is quite regular at around 28-30 days. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend on July 15 and unintentionally skipped my pill that morning as well as the day before. Now I'm over a week late with my period which I should have had around July 28. I realise going off the pill (I ceased taking them after that night in case I was pregnant) might have messed up my cycle a bit but I have been on and off my pill a couple of times in the past and have never skipped a period before. In fact I have never missed a period in my life. In the meantime I have been suffering from nausea (morning and afternoon) and my breasts are covered in blue veins and my nipples seem to be bigger as well as darker. I have taken 3 or 4 HPTs (only one in the morning) and they were all very negative. I went to the doctor this morning and had another test, still negative. I had a blood test which I'll get the results for next Tuesday. I guess my question is if I'm not pregnant, why the symptoms? I don't believe they're in my head as I'm content with either result. Anybody else with a similar experience or story?

Thanks for your response

I've had an unusual experience myself. I started my new packet of pills on 4 July, on 9 July I missed a pill (took it 17 hours late) on 16 July (7 days later) I had unprotected sex, then on 20 July I started get little twinges in my lower abdomen and a tiny bit of light brown discharge. on 21 July I started feeling nauseas in a morning as soon as I got up but only for about ten mins if that. I then started getting really tired and falling asleep which is not like me. I made an appointment at the clinic for a test 2 days before my period, it came out negative. The doctor said it was highly unlikely that I was pregnant as the Pill stops you from ovulating. I was due for my period on 28 July and low and behold it came on that date and was a normal flow. I also felt better, I didn't have any of the symptoms I'd had earlier. I finished my period on 25 July and took another test, this was also negative. For the last 3 days I've had a bloated tummy and quite a bit of wind, also my food is repeating on me, I keep belching. I've also feel nauseaus again when I get up in the morning and I've been going to the toilet for a poop more often and it doesn't always come easily. (sorry if thats too much info). My boobs are not swollen and they are not dark in colour. I am very confused as to what is going on can any one give me their view?

Im having a similar experiance with negative results and negative blood result. Im go for a dating scan, go when you think you could be 6 week from conception, and the sack should show up, im going to babybound its only £75.

Hope this has helped, i think im between 6 and 8 weeks and my test are still not showing up but my stomach in hard boobs and nipples bigger and different, had norsea, felt dizzy, crying one min then ok the next, had a one day bleed then spotting watery blood for next 3 days this was 7th July, and had no bleeding or period since. But slite pain in my sides, these are growning pains because if you havent been pregnant before these muscles have never been used before, and I havent; I just no im pregnant. its hard as people dont believe you. They will soon though, when they can see for themselfs.

Take Care

So glad to hear from others in the same boat. I'm only 3 weeks from possible conception so hopefully if I can just keep waiting (I'm so sick of the waiting) I'll get a positive response. A friend told me she waited till she was 6 weeks past conception till a test showed positive. I haven't heard of a dating scan before. Is this something I should ask a doctor about? kesimpso have you had a blood test yet? It's just so hard having all the symptoms but constantly getting negative hpts and the doctor I saw yesterday was awful. As soon as she did my hpt and it was negative she basically started telling me all my symptoms were hormonal and they'd sort themselves out soon. I just about had to ask for a blood test. I guess if the blood test comes back negative I'll know I'm definately not pregnant but hopefully these strange symptoms will disappear or else I'll really think I'm losing my mind

i am in the same boat as you. i have every symotom of being pregnant and i took a test but it was negative... i dont know this sh*t is weird good luck

Hi same here i was on cerrazette and one mornig i threw up and forgot to take another tablet about 5 days later i stoped taking my pill incase i was pregnant about 8 days after i threw up i had very light bleeding for 2 days ( the pill stoped my period since i strarted taking them 9 months ago since i stopped taking my pill i have had unprottected sex with my boyfriend a few times my boobs have been sore at times and they look darker round my nipples and also i can see blue vains i have had 4 hpt's in the space of a week each one came up negative althouh one did have a very faint line on it the next day i used the reveal pregnancy tests it says 99% accurate but i still got a feeling im pregnant do you think it is too early to take a test or i should get a more expensive one i dont know wat to do?

PCOS, or polycystic ovarian syndrome, can mimic the symptoms of pregnancy.

Just a thought.

I think alot of having symptons of feeling like your pregnant has alot to do with your mind. Your body wants to think your pregnant and sends mixed signals. I have heard that some women even swell up like they are pregnant and not really be. I know with my first child that we tried for 3 and half yrs and with the help of fertility pills..I was able to conceive after just one month. She is 13 yrs old now and I am trying to have a second child. I have taken fertility pills just this past month and waiting now to see if I am pregnant. I have had syptoms of fatigue and breast tenderness. I recently did a EPT test and the results were negative. It is now time for my cycle so I am just waiting. I am about 4 days late. I hope that I would be pregnant and just not far along for the test to show that I am. Good luck to all!!!!!

Hi all

With my first pregnancy I only found out when I was 3 months pregnant, all the tests were negative.

Now I am having pregnancy symptoms but the tests are negative, so I am either pregnant or going crazy.

:?

Tanja, I'm in a similar situation. When you said that all your tests were negative, did that include blood tests?

I am waiting to see if I miss my period if I do I will test again, if that test is negative I will go for the blood test.

I am glad to see I am not the only one in this perdicament. I have not had a period for going on two months now and I have all the signs of pregnancy but a positive test. I have even taken the blood test. The only response that I had from my doctor was that she would see me again when I had missed my next period on Dec 8, then due more blood work. There are cases when the pregnancy tests are wrong but it is very rare. The doctor also thinks that it could be a problem called anemorrhea, this will cause all the symptoms of pregnancy but it can and can not be directly related from pregnancy.

I hope this helps some one. I will know more after Dec 8.

YES! I went off the Birth Control Pill in late May, early June.. my husband and I decided we should try and have children.
I was only on BC for about a year.. (to help regulate and stop cramps) when we decided I should come off of it.
We looked at a couple of resources online that said it takes a few weeks to allow all the "stuff" from BC to get out of your body and put you back at a more regular and natural cycle, and for you to start ovulating again... because I know that BC prevents you from ovulating, which you need to get pregnant..
Anyways, point is, every month, it all starts over again.. My breasts become extremely tender, I get nauseated whenever I wake up (no matter what time it may be), I get dizzy, I have to pee all the time, I get a little sore right above where my cramps usually are, and I can't sleep on my stomach... I take a pregnancy test, but negative. They're all negative. Then, lo and behold, I start my period.
Now, I do understand it takes some time to get pregnant, but when I have all the symptoms and it seems as though I may be pregnant, why do I always start my period?? It doesn't make sense to me.

i'm having all the symptoms of pregnancy; constipation, swollen tummy; bigger breasts, lite periods, blah blah blah, but all my tests are negative, although i haven't tried the blood test yet, anyhow i really can't afford to be pregnant right now, and if i am that means i'm two months along going on three, and at the end of three you can't get an abortion, so will someone let me know how all this is working for them? i don't feel like someone has come up with anything other than the PCOS thing, which i checked out, and i'm definitly not old enough to get it, and i'm certainly not depressed, probably even happier.

My husband and I started trying to get pregnant in October. I've had a regular period since I got off BCPs in October. Recently I started getting symptoms such as nausea every day around noon, tender and swollen breast, late period, etc. I took home pregnancy test and even got a blood test down the other day. All negative! I think I'm pregnant but the test say no. Even the lab test. I'm gonna wait another week and try again.