I’m about to have neurological test because of some disorders that have developed. I guess that they have to be done to rule out some possible causes of my neurological problems. What are the most common tests that are performed at neurologist’s? Are they complicated? Please tell me more about this.

The most common test that is performed is test of tendon reflexes. It provides health of peripheral nerves. This test is performed by tapping patient’s knee with medical rubber hammer. Muscle tone and muscle strength test are also performed because muscle weakness or rigidity can indicate some neurological problems. Babinski reflex test is involuntary ability to move big toe which is impossible if there is neurological problem that originates in brain. Also, sensory functions and mental status tests are performed as part of routine neurological exam. Hope that helped.