I picked up my orthotics a little over a week ago and against the Dr.'s orders, I've worn them running every day. He wanted me to get used to them just walking around in them. Anyway, they've been great. They've taken care of a lot of the little aches and pains that I used to get and my hips don't hurt when I'm done running.

My problem :: My left orthotic slides forward in my shoe when I run and now I've got a crescent shaped blister on my heel. How do I prevent the slippage?

Are they full length or 3/4 length?

They are full length semi-rigid.

They are full length semi-rigid.
PH I had the same problem with them slipping at first too, my Dr. changed the material on the top of them and then I looped my laces though themselves to hold the heal tighter. Seemed to work, I just have to go back and get my left one shaved down abit, been having a hard time finding shoes lately.

I didn't think they should be able to slide forward in the show - doesn't this mean they have trimmed too short :shrug: ? I had a pair that did that, so I took them back and they replaced them.

Glad you are making progress with your injury problems :thumbsup: . I send alot of people for podiatric assessment when trying to get to the underlying causes of persistent injuries, and good orthotics are often the answer.

Hooray! :fubby:

I started running right away in mine, too. Aren't they great?

I never had any problem with them slipping forward, though. Does it fit perfectly in your shoe?

I'm going to agree with Rache on this one--sounds like they may not fit properly and you may need to take them back, it might be a good idea to call your doctor and ask if you need to have them checked.

:1:
when i first put mine in my shoes, they were extremely hard to fit in-- very tight fit, but i'm thinking that's the way it's supposed to be :? the slippage can only do more harm than good. for as much as i invested in these things, i'd want a perfect fit.