I have heard for some book that brings up glucose revolution info. I was so happy, because as diabetic patient, I definitely need it. I understand this must be hard to write, but we really needed something like this. I wanted to buy it on my own, but before that, I would like to hear something about this new glucose revolution. Can you give me an short explanation of this perfect thing?

The book called Glucose Revolution includes more than 50 recipes and a glycemic index for 300 foods and beverages. The authors of this new book explain the benefits of a diet that emphasizes foods that are low on the glycemic index. These foods as they are digested produce a low, slow blood-sugar response. I think you would also like to know that Dr. David Jenkins, a professor of nutrition at the University in Toronto, Canada, first developed the concept of the glycemic index. He did it to help determine which foods were best for people with diabetes. People with diabetes, athletes, and people who are overweight all stand to benefit from knowledge of the glycemic index. However, people with diabetes stand to benefit the most, partly because they have the most to gain from understanding and applying this concept. The glycemic index is about carbohydrates, since fat and protein have little immediate effect on blood sugar. The problem is that even among the complex carbohydrates not all are created equal, because some break down quickly during digestion and can raise blood glucose to dangerous levels. The Glucose Revolution is an authoritative guide to making use of this path-breaking concept, and I could definitely recommend it to you.