Hi! Can anybody tell me if South Beach diet is harmless and for how long am I supposed to benefit from weight loss? I mean how long it takes for weight to come back? I am looking for some kind of diet and there are so many, I just don’t know which to choose. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am 34 years old and I need to lose 20lbs. Thanx

South beach diet is made by a cardiologist, so I suppose it is safe. It consists of three parts i.e phases where the last phase is maintenance.
You start with first phase that lasts for two weeks and in this phase you are not aloud to eat any carbohydrates. In the first phase you are about to lose somewhere between 8 to 12 pounds eating meat like chicken, turkey, fish, and shellfish, low-Glycemic-index vegetables and nuts, eggs and low fat cheese.
In the second phase you are about to lose only up to 2 lbs per week but you get to eat some of the foods from the first phase. You stay on phase 2 until you reach your goal i.e. desired weight. Once you have managed to do that, you go to the phase 3 where you are about to stay 4ever. This is how the diet works. If you start gaining weight again, you star all over again. If you are interested in this diet, you better get the book. Good luck with your dieting!