I count sugar grams because I am type 2 diabetic. I notice there are sugar alcohols as well in most products. Do I need to be concerned with the grams of sugar alcohols too? I try to stay at or under 20 grams of sugar per day. Any help will be so appreciated. Thank You !

Sugar alcohols produce lower glycemic response because of their incomplete absorption. There still aren’t any specific recommendations on sugar alcohols and it is still not known what glycemic responses certain sugar alcohols produce.
The studies are being done on the topic though. It is recommended that every diabetes patients consults their doctors about the daily amounts of sugar alcohols.
Those who count carbohydrates to manage blood sugar levels should count half of the grams of sugar alcohol as carbohydrates since half of the sugar alcohol on average is digested.