I overpronate when I run and when I go to sshop shoes online, sometimes it doesn't tell me whether it's for over/underpronator or neutral runners. Can you be an efficient runner with one of the three types listed above? Would the Asics Men's Gel- Speedstar work for me? I know it's not good to shop online for shoes but they're so cheap! I just need to learn how to pick out the correct footwear. Help?

You really should go to a good running store once and get your foot/gait analyzed. Then if you choose to shop online you know what you need. That's what I did. I have flat feet and huge bunions but only 1 pair of motion control shoes worked for me at the running store.

shoe dog at Roadrunner sports is excellent as well.

Stay away from the chain sneaker stores most of them do not know what they are doing.

:1:
Going to a specialty running store is the best bet to find the best shoe for you.