Hi everyone, its nice being here.

I am 24 and want to go back to running (after a lapse of over 4 years). I am interested in doing some research in the type of shoes I should buy. I seem to have normal feet with a slight problem. All my shoes wear uneavenly, and always on the outer heel side.

Can someone recommend any good shoes that I should look into that compensate for this problem?

thanks for your help!

My suggestion: Go to a local running specialty store, bring your old shoes, and ask to get fitted because you don't know what shoes would be best for you. They'll watch you walk and get an idea about how your feet land and push off, and they'll bring out several models of shoe with a particular spec based on what it is that you need. Then you'll walk around with them, maybe take them for a jog in a treadmill in the store or maybe outside if they let you and you can tell them which shoe feels the best.

Outer heel is very typical. That's THE most common first contact footfall surface.
Pug is right on. First stop is a running shop and they'll start you out. Once you wear out a few pair over the next year, you'll have a better idea what is 'ideal' for you, what works/doesn't work and have a feel for your gait. Odds are pretty slim you'll get perfection on the first try.
G'luck!