My pain is in both feet and it's mainly in that part right under my toes, centering where my third and fourth toes are.

WTH?

I no longer run, and they hurt in whatever shoes I wear.

morton toe neuroma? Both feet sounds strange, but the location sure sounds like it. any numbness with it? If the pain starts from the toe area and shoot upward.......I'd say morton's is the culprit. I had it years ago and it started as a little numb feeling and progressed to where my leg would go numb and then one day I went to work and I started up the flight of steps and couldn't make it. The podiatrist made a pad to go underneath the 3rd and 4th toe......and "no high heels!!

I started buying my shoes 1/2 size larger and wide widths......and never had a problem since. I'm back to regular widths and only wear heels when I have to.

morton toe neuroma? Both feet sounds strange, but the location sure sounds like it. any numbness with it? If the pain starts from the toe area and shoot upward.......I'd say morton's is the culprit. I had it years ago and it started as a little numb feeling and progressed to where my leg would go numb and then one day I went to work and I started up the flight of steps and couldn't make it. The podiatrist made a pad to go underneath the 3rd and 4th toe......and "no high heels!! I started buying my shoes 1/2 size larger and wide widths......and never had a problem since. I'm back to regular widths and only wear heels when I have to.

Thanks! I'll do some research. I rarely wear heels but flat flat shoes like flip flops kill me.