I'm a 20 year old healthy and active female.

For the past week I have been experiencing numbness/tingling in the bottoms of both of my feet. It goes from my heel, along the bottom flat part of my foot (not my arch), the balls of my feet, and my toes. The tops of my feet are fine. It's not complete numbness. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like your mouth would feel when you start to regain feeling after getting a Novocaine shot from the dentist.

The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was that I did A LOT of walking last weekend, and this feeling seemed to start shortly after that.

I went to the doctor and she said to take an anti inflammatory for a week and if i still have this feeling i should see a neurologist.

Also, and this is really strange and awkward, but I feel like I'm having the same sensation near my genitals. It's like a tingling numbness that I felt in my feet. I don't know if these are related in any way, I just noticed this feeling in my genitals yesterday. I did not mention this to my doctor. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this is maybe wearing thongs that are too tight? I have no idea what would cause this.

I'm just really paranoid and keep jumping to conclusions like that i have spinal cancer or MS or something. 

Learning to do head stands can do wonders for circulation in your lower limbs.

If you're not into that, simply getting your feet above your heart for some time

every day will increase circulation.

I've also had something similar to this happen when I was also consistantly

doing a lot of walking in college.

My doctor told me it could be my shoes. It went away eventually.

I'd let it ride for a while. It might just go away.