Hello. I'm middle age woman and I desperately need help and few advices. I have always had fear of entering this strange period of life called menopause and somehow- I have tried to prepare my self psychologically for it.
But I'm really confused right know because I didn’t experience any of those common menopause symptoms such as night sweats, hot flushes and mood swings. I have experienced only one problem- this terrible oily hair. Nothing I did could prevent this from happening. That’s why I would like to find out is this common symptom of menopause and is there any effective treatment for it.

Hello. I experienced the same problem when I was entering my menopause and this has really troubling me. Then I talked with certain people who insured me that this is very common symptom of menopause.
The truth is that menopause can drain a body of vital nutrition and the lack of normal female hormones can cause several side effects- oily hair is just one of them.
I don’t know how much do you know about this but there are special shampoos on the market just for these menopause induced problem. Specific nutrition should be added to the root of the hair where all hair grows from and several companies are making these shampoos.
Good luck!

I have this problem to! It can be from other things, the docotor can run tests.
As for special shampo for menopause, come on it is the same as when you are a teenager over production of oil glands. What Specific nutrition helps that?
I tried the leaving shampoe on scalp longer but it did not seem to do anything. With all the crazy things in shampoe now adays that are like estrogene I do not leave on any longer than have to.

I have the same problem. it is to the point that I actually have cyst type sores all over my scalp. The dermatologist just keeps prescribing a roll-on antibiotic and head and shoulders. The antibiotic helps but the shampoo doesn't do a thing. I've always had oily hair but i am 51 and this is ridiculous. If I am not careful, the cysts develop into a staph infection. I had a hysterectomy and take estrogen. Not sure which hormones or nutrition I'm missing but something is definitely not right!

You may be experiencing an allergic reaction