I have a huge issue with my hair. It is extremely frizzy, and to wear it down, I have to use a straightening iron on it. So therefore, I get a lot of breakage/heat damage. But when I don't straighten it, and leave it up all of the time, it breaks off from always being held back. So I am at a loss of what to do!!! Is there any kind of product/shampoo that can help strengthen/restore my hair. Another problem is a lot of the things I have tried for dry/damaged hair make like the roots of my hair a lot more oily. Help!!!! lol

you need good conditioner.for dry hair..and also putting on some silk drops that you can buy at a hair salon will help...especially if you have to flat iron..if you dont protect your hair it will break and even be more frizzy..silk drops will help with breakage too..and also after u flat iron,put some silk drops in and watch how smooth and shiny your hair is.....

You need more moisture in the hair...and to step away from the flat iron. :-P

I have thick wavy hair which is colored (gotta keep the blonde up), and I live in Florida, so I know frizzy.

First, you can't "repair" damaged hair. All you can do is cut it off. All the stuff that is advertised on TV will repair your hair temporarily by filling in the little tiny breaks in the hair itself...but it is only temporary.

The flat iron is actually causing you more problems, since it weakens the hair. If you have layers in front, it will weaken the ends of the layers, dry them out, and make them appear frizzier! Don't use it except as a last resort.

For oily scalp/dry hair, try to not wash your hair daily. If you absolutely must, use a nickel-sized amount of shampoo, and apply ONLY to the oily spots on your scalp. Do not lather your hair; it will just get dried out. Use conditioner every time, from the ears down. This will help keep your ends conditioned while not making your scalp oily.

I use Infusium 23's anti-frizz shampoo and conditioner. I follow that with Infusium's leave-in conditioner applied from the ears down. And then I use Frizz-Ease serum. Comb the whole mess through. Let your hair dry naturally as much as possible, then dry thoroughly with a hair dryer with the ionic option on it.

I use the largest round brush I could find because I like straightish hair with some lift to it. You can use a flat brush to get the straight-straight look. The best kind of brushes have a core that heats up when the dryer air hits it. Also, when drying, you have to keep your hair taut so it straightens.

I went cold turkey from my giant curling iron, and my hair looks 100% better, especially in front. Give it a shot.

Good luck, and be nice to your hair!

Thanks for the tips!!

You're welcome, and I hope they're helpful!