My boyfriend really likes my hair and he says that he doesn't want me to cut it. As you know, the longer it gets the longer is to maintain it. Shampooing, drying, conditioner...argh. My question is how often should I wash my hair. I've been washing it every second day. I that too often or to rare? I would definitely like to have more days in between the washes in

Don't wash your hair every day as that's not the best idea for the health of your hair. That's really all I can say because everyone's hair is different. For myself, I wash my hair every 3 or 4 days but I also have really thick, curly hair so I don't need to wash it all that often. It depends on what you need and whether your hair is oily or greasy or dry or what. Experiment with different days and different shampoos to see what works best for you, eventually you'll find that rhythm! Best of Luck:)

I also think you shouldn't wash your hair every day. Especially if your hair is long . I heard that the longer and thicker your hair is the longer you can go without washing it. 

So, with time as your hair grows you can wash it less often. 

I think when your hair grows out long you will be able to go for a week without washing it. But it depends on whether you would like to go that long. Some hairs get greasy and oily fast so you need to wash it; although, some say that daily shampooing of hair will cause your hair to oil faster.

Instead of every other day try shampoing your hair every 3rd day or so and see how your hair behaves and whether your boyfriend will approve :)

It all depends on the type of hair you have. I personaly can go 3 days between washes when I straigten mine and about 2-3 days when I have it curly. As long as your scalp isn't itchy or your hair isn't oily or stinky than go as long as you want! Shampooing everyday strips away your hairs natural oils. It can make it dull and lifeless because of the sulfates, parabeans, gluten and dyes they use. I have long hair as well, always have. I've probably used every product out there, but nothing has worked as great as Cleansing Conditioner! I'm sure you've see the infomercial on tv for a product called Wen? Well there are a ton of off brands out there that work just as good. I personally use one called RenPure Solutions. My favorite is Rosemary Mint and Sweet Pomegranate. I get them at Walgreens for about $10 for a 16oz pump bottle. It lasts me more than 2 months. Its safe for color treated hair and used for all hair types. You can also use it as a leave-in conditioner! It works wonders for my hair! Us girls with long hair draw a lot of attention with it, so use a good cleanser that keeps it healthy and beautiful! Good luck and I hope I helped you in some way :) Take care!