For a few years now I have had this problem. When I run my fingers through my hair I feel something on my scalp and when I lightly run my fingernail over it a little bulb of something comes out of a pore or something. I get these on my face, also, but they are a little harder to remove. I have asked the doctor about them before and they didn't seem to think it was a problem. I have read about similar things online and come across information saying that high cholesterol can cause similar problems. I do not have high cholesterol and I am not a very oily person. I wondered if anyone else has this problem and what I can do to make it go away. The white bumps on my face and in my hair are irritating!

It's not uncommon for the scalp to form pimples. It's just skin after all.

Go see a dermatologist if your acne bothers you. I wish I had gone to see one much sooner in my life.

have a similar problem I have little whit balls that come out of my scalp with force.they go about 8 ft. across the room I see them on my black dresser I popped one it had oil in it,some time it burn coming through my scalp the doctor had no diagnose another dr. Act like it was in my mind.other people seen it

I am just got those too! i am not sure what it is but mine are extremley easy to remove. I found a couple today while i was running my fingers through my hair and felt a ball, took it out then it had oil on it because my fingertips were wet. My hair is NOT oily and i JUST washed my hair last night.

It is kind of scary, i am thinking it some type of egg or something.

I'm getting these too. But not on my face, and they aren't engraved into my scalp, they are easy to remove, but mine are clear, and I can pop them. I usually find them after I was my hair, and in the last 10 minutes I found 3 of them, is it an egg? Cause if so, I want it removed!! But WHY am I getting these?!

It's just oily. No egg!

Not sure if this is the case for you. But I realized I had switched shampoos and the balls were from that! I kept combing my fingers through because it made my scalp itchy and these little whitish/clear balls came out. If I squeezed them oil would come out and it smelled just like my shampoo! When I switched shampoos the problem went away.

thank you! I just switched shampoos too, and I started having this issue. Didn't even make a connection until just now....I will switch back and see if that fixes it before seeing a dermatologist..

This was helpful

I have same as problem

This is an old question , but they are essentially little clogged pores in the scalp that solidified build up of oil and salts that we emit through sweating. Just scrubbing your scalp with a brush whilst washing helps to remove them