Hi All -

Since before my surgery I read some very scary stories on here, I thought I would share my experience so far. I am a 37 year old male.

I had my coblation tonsillectomy done yesterday morning along with my adenoids and a UPPP procedure done. My Dr, who a few years ago did my deviated septum surgery, also did this one. Same as with the deviated septum where he was the only Dr in area that did it with no packing, he is one of the only Drs in area that does the coblation tonsillectomy and is done as outpatient.

Was in the surgery for about 1 hour and recovery for another 2 hours after that. Everything, so far is going great. Very bad sore throat, but nothing like I was expecting. I am eating lots of popsicles and drinking lots of water - the colder the better. The Dr did warn me that tomorrow could be the worst of the days, but I am doing good so far and keeping an open mind. The Dr even said he was surprised how big my tonsils really were and how much puss and "gunk" he was getting out them while removing them - very infected.

So while I know there are some bad experiences out there I wanted to give you hope that they are not all bad - especially for adults where it can be worse.

I will post again if anything changes!

Hi Again - Day 6 and things still going good!

The pain is minimal now and I can control it with liquid Extra Strength Tylenol - don't need the Loratab any longer. Still on popsicles, Jell-o, and of course lots of water and Gatorade. Tonight I am going to try some mac and cheese - after it cools down a little.

Believe it or not the hardest part for me has not been the throat aspect of it but the havoc the meds are playing on my gastro system. Omnicef for antibiotic and Loratab for pain killer. I think because I am not really eating it is effecting my stomach - very bloated, full of gas feeling, cramping. So far I have lost about 15 pounds in one week.

Wow! My nose even seems clearer now! Things going great!

That is great news! I'm so happy for you that you have had a good recovery.
Myself I'm on day 9 and have been able to finally cut down on the tablets which were making me feel awful too.

Hi, Im from England and just had this surgery yesterday morning. They only give paracetomal and ibuprofen over here. so just over the counter painkillers. So far been ok. probably gonna gain rather than lose weight, as I woke up and had crisps and a sandwich after the op, then A vegetable quiche with chipped potatoes and salad. All good :-) woke in the night when painkillers had worn off, not from throat pain, but because my dog was crying!. Not too bad. Obv it hurts to swallow. Diet coke its good at dissolving the white coating on your throat.had a tosted ham sandwich this morning. Easy peasy. Only day 2 tho so....we'll see :-)