Hello! My brother felt his neck lymph nodes swelled few days ago. He felt then under the skin and I also noticed them since they became rather visible. There are few of them which are swelled to the size of marbles. I was really very concerned but when his blood results came everything was OK. His blood was perfect. What could be the cause of his swollen lymph nodes?

Hello! Lymph nodes are usually pea-sized and you can sometimes feel them under the skin. When they are swollen it is usually the sign of some infection. Since your brother's blood is OK there is no need to worry. Sometimes the cause of swollen lymph nodes is a virus and they usually go down again within two weeks. If the virus is the cause of the swollen neck lymph nodes no specific treatment is usually advised. Since your brother felt them two days ago and his results are fine I think everything will be back in normal condition after week or two. But, consult your doctor in any case.

hi i had a ultrasound on my thyroid gland
report
the right lobe of the thyroid measures 55x14x10mm and contains a small nodule in the mid pole and measures 3.7 x 2.7 x2mm
the left lob of the thyroid measures 57 x 16 x12mm and contains two nodules on in the mid pole at 2.2 x 1.9x1.2mm and in the lower pole 13x7x5mm
two lymph nodes seen in the left side of the neck measures 14 and 8 mm