Hello! I am 36 year-old male and I am about to have my upper right wisdom tooth extracted. I really hate dentists but I decided to go through with the extraction as the wisdom tooth was pushing my other teeth. I was so determined but now I don’t know any more. My friend told me that many things can go wrong especially because I am older. He had a very bad experience with wisdom tooth removal because the sinus wall got perforated and kept bleeding. His story really freaked me out. He also said that parts of the tooth can get into the sinus. This is really disgusting. Please, tell me it is not the truth.

Unfortunately, this is the truth but I don’t think you should panic without a reason. It is true that you are at more risk to complications due to your age because the density of the bone is increased and yes it is true that sinus’s wall get be damaged but all of these things can be fixed again and will heal eventually. So, if this wisdom tooth is giving you a hard time, just go for it with the extraction and don’t think about the worst!