I have heard that all sports may be divided into two major groups by use of oxygen. Some sports are called "aerobic" while the others are "anaerobic". Also I know that oxygen need is high in fitness exercises. I would like to know why that is so and which is purpose of oxygen while we work out.

Hi, you are right about fitness and the fact that oxygen needs rises in these exercises. When we are practicing fitness our moves are fast and we are spending our energy. Our hearth rate becomes higher and more carbon dioxide developed from our lungs. Our body needs more oxygen which will replace carbon dioxide. During our dynamic exercises, storages of energy like carbon hydrates and fats are spent on producing energy for our work out. This way we are burning fats and losing our weight. Oxygen is needed to burn it and to release energy. That is the reason why we spend more oxygen on fitness exercise than on some static work out.