My boyfriend has been complain for some time on sore and swollen left testicle. He also feels the pain after urinating. It has been like this for weeks. He refuses to visit a doctor and I don’t know how to help him. I read somewhere that it could be testicular cancer. He is 22 year old.

Testicular cancer is rare, but it is the most common in men aged 15 -35 years. Symptoms of testicular cancer include a lump on the testicle, painless swelling and a dull ache or heavy dragging sensation in the lower abdomen, groin or scrotum. However, the sudden onset of a very sore and tender testicle can be due to infection or 'torsion of the testicle'. If it is infection there could be other symptoms such as fever, discharge from the penis, or discomfort and urgency of passing urine. However, a more common cause of a tender swollen scrotum is epididymitis. Anyway he need to see a doctor, please be persistent and make him go. Sore testicle and pain after urinating sound to me like some infection, but again I am not a doctor.

He most likely has a VERICOSCELE it is a mass of blood vessels in the left testicle.

Does laying down alleviate the discomfort?
Does wearing snug, supporting underwear help?

Vericosceles are harmless. Sometimes they are uncomfortable as this discomfort comes and goes. Surgery is an option but the success rate is very low as most patients report litle change in discomfort, some of them even stating it is worse.

ok i had ths problem as well!

i used to always wear boxers and fitted boxers...............i switched to wearing regular underwear (tightie whities) everyday for three weeks, (including when i sleep), and the pain dissapeared.

trust me, u have nothing to lose if u try this!!! and it works!

fitted boxers don't give u enough support,,,,, so nothing can heal....

Have him get checked out for a hernia. I went to the doctor and they told me I needed to wear briefs instead of boxers.. BS 6 years later after suffering I got checked out by a real doctor and it turns out I have been suffering with a hernia all this time.

Have him get checked out for a hernia. I went to a doctor that told me I needed to wear tightie whities. Six years of suffering later it turned out that I had a hernia.

try buying a supporter or jockstrap and wear it for a little while it should ease the pain and eventually it will go away. :-|

buy a jockstrap and it can help the pain

I dont wanna become sterile

MY BOYFRIEND FOR TWO YRS HAS HAD LEFT TESTICLE AND GROIN PAIN IT ALSO GOES DOWN TO THE LEFT SIDE OF HIS ABDOMINAL REGIN AND NOW HE SAYS IT HURTS ON THAT SIDE AFTER HE URINATES HE IS USING METH INTRAVENOUSLY AND I NOTICED HIS URINE IS CONCENTRATED AND THICK AND DRYS LIKE SAND HE RARELY DRINKS WATER

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HE IS HAVING

MEDICALLY WHAT DO YOU THINK IS WRONG WITH HIM