I have a large swollen red lump right at the top of my ass crack (please
excuse i didnt know how else to explain). it is causing me a lot of pain whenever i attempt to move positure ie. standing to sitting-sitting to standing, but i find that the pain disappears somewhat whenever in that position for a while. :-(

the area around the lump is quite tense, very sensitive, very red and is quite uncomfortable whenever i walk and i have alot of trouble lying on my back, putting on my socks and shoes, even going to the toilet. :'(

could this just be a large pimple that has to run its course or could it be something more serious like a slipped disc..

please help ?

I am terrified of doctors too but when it gets to the point you can barely walk you will want to go. I got one in August after louging back on the train for 4 hrs. It didn't go away so I got antibiotics first which still didn't resolve it after 2 weeks. I ended up doing to the doctor. Mine was about the size of a Loonie dollar. They won't need to lance it, just ask them to use a device to squeeze it which is what they did for me. It was painful at first but the relief was great. The doctor recommended continually applying warm washcloths to the area for about 15min 2x a day. Make sure you soak the cloth in water and epsom salts. This will drain out what is left. You may need to take a few days off of work.
Mine still occurs on and off but it just a little bump in between my butt crack near my tail bone. It is not painful though but I think it is due to lying on my back at night. Also, after you have it taken care of you might want to try rubbing tea tree oil on it. I have been doing this to fight off any bacteria that may reoccur.

i got the same thing... it sucks so bad... shoes are the worst thing to put on.... also... try doing a handstand... it will kill you..... im at the point where im going to have to see a doctor.... it hurts so bad i walk around like i got a pole up my ass... i fell on it at a party and it popped... i was in agony for over half an hour... its leaking puss alot but im cleaning it 2-3 times a day... the mornings are the best time for me... i wake up and it almost feels like its gone... then i turn over and the pain is back

for anyone who has this problem......i was scared to death. I thought i had broken my tailbone or somthing, but i went to the doctor for lots of pain and constant discomfort arounrd tailbone area and he took an exray and it was negative for any breaks. The next day i looked closer at the area about 1 inch above my rectum and i pushed on the area slightly. A lot of puss and blood that was green in color squirted out. I did this a few times and eventually got it to be more of a whitish color. The puss smelled really bad like an infection. I went to my (gyno) that day and she said it was a cyst.....she got most of the puss out by hand and gave me a strong antibiotic. she told me to bath in epsom salt and put hot compress on it and continue to squeeze out the puss. i took ib profin for the pain. i am doing so much better today....thank god the pain went away. she said that in these cases where you cant see any cyst on the outside of the skin and it is mostly internal, there is a chance it could be in conjunction with your spine and may need surgery to be removed but in 50% of cases it just goes away with the antibiotic. Please do not freak out just go to the doctor as soon as possible do not procrastinate or be embarassed. this website helped me to figure out my problem so i am writing to help others. good luck.

Yeah I got one too....and its worse in the nights when a clean white bedsheet turns horrible in the morning with stains or puss or blood. I guess I need to go to a doctor but its just that my work routine is so busy. Any remedies that can be performed at home without seeing the doctor?

I have this same problem right now and I saw a doctor but is there anyway this could be a MSRA infection?

I have had a similar problem...it could be a risen...(its a bacteria infectious bump) If the bump feels hard on the inside, that is the puss built up in the area inside the bump. They are usually common in many people especially women. Risens could either be a bad or good thing. Either one has too much bacteria in the body (thus, the risen forms to release some bacteria out) or it could be bacteria trying to come inside the body. You may want to consult a doctor, just to see if you do not have any other forms of infections. Risens usually take about 2weeks to leave, and they bust. It leaves a relief, but many people have found that once they bust, they have a disgusting odor. (so dont think its ur azz that smells bad..lol) :-(

i have what i would describe as ALL OF THE ABOVE.................................. SUCKS

I've had these b4 ive squeezed them and got rid of them and Now it has come back and the pain is almost unbearable I cant sit down, walk, lay on my back or hardly anything, what causes this anyone know? I'm out of work an don't have much money so going to the doctor is out of the picture any simple ways to get rid of it?

i think i may have a pilondial cyst... everything ive looked up online has pointed to a pilondial cyst ..but im not sure... probably going to to go to the doctor soon.. but kind of scared from all of the horror stories i have read of the surgeries and removals of the cysts...not ready for that...
does anyone else have a pimple looking pump right at the top of your buttcrack? Under neath the skin its realllyyyy hard and bigger than a quarter sized lump on both sides of buttcrack?

anyone else??
please help

Some of these conditions could be Hidradenitis suppurativa - re-occurring boils/ cysts/abscesses , that are often misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs, herpes, being unclean or over wieght and folliculitis. This is a newly diagnosed skin condition , but there is a lot of info out there.
If this sounds like it might be you, READ it, PRINT it out, and TAKE it to your DOC.
Its better to try to start treatment soon, it can spread over the body if left untreated. These boils can become quite large and painful. Sometimes even lasting for weeks or months , do not attempt to POP them they can then tunnel under your skin and spread all over the body. Most common areas are armpits, groin, binkni line, inner legs, and intimate places and basically anywhere that sweats and rub against clothing. Stress is a big inducer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradenitis_Suppurativa

I have the same thing! It goes away sometimes out of know where but when it comes back its painful to sit stand and even move certain ways. Im trying to find out what it is myself.. Im not crazy about the doctors so I havent gotten it looked at yet but if I dont soon im gonna have to.

I cant bere to even touch the lump its to painful but it never busts though.. it comes and goes and I can feel it coming back and it hurts to sit move even stand..

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

I just want to help anyone who searches for answeres to this problem. I have had the EXACT same thing. It is called a pilonidal cyst. I have had it multiple times. The first time I had it I went to the Dr. and was prescribed antibiotics and pain meds. After 3 days of laying in bed in complete misery and taking the antibiotics it ruptered on its own. It was very unpleasant, but the relief was unbelievable!!! I cleaned it constantly with cetametaphil, soaked it hot baths, and took super hot showers to relief the pain. I would suggest getting it lanced and possibly not having to deal with it ever again. If you dont have it cut on you are more likely to have them reoccur. good luck!

I think i have wat u guys r sayin. it hurts! :'( !