ok awhile ago I went to the doctors, and emergency for some vaginal problems. I believed I had yeast infection, so I took Monistat 7. after taking it. I broke out in blisters and sores all in my vagina. so when I went to the hospital they took a swab. They prescribed my some medication. The sores and blisters are gone now. But I'm still itchy and still have some discharge. Well today I got the results back from the hospital, and they say it came back as Herpes !!!!

Ok this is where I'm confuessed and being TOTALLY honest!!! I thought herpes was only transmitted skin to skin (sex) BUT I never slept with anyone yet. (I can't stand people touching me, and some self personal issues) So what I like to know is, can you get Herpes without having sex with anyone?

Hi! That's strange, I also believed that it's only transmitted sexually. I read that you can get infected with herpes when your skin, vagina, penis, or mouth comes into contact with someone who already has herpes. Genital infections is more common in women. You should ask your doctor how did this happen.

hmm, hard to say. it could be.but i'm not a doctor..one of my friend who's living with genital herpes ever asked the live std
counselor on ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed usually get response in mins. he's patient and knowledgeable, and can solve almost those questions. you can try if you like.hope it helps.