I have an infection which has caused one of my occipital glands to become very tender, swollen and painful at times. What treatment would you recommend?

Infections are usually reasons why glands and lymph nodes are getting swollen. When this happens it is best to let our body to fight by itself against that bacteria or virus. If this condition lasts more than two weeks and you experience severe pain in the swollen glands or nodes than it is best to consult your doctor.

Meanwhile, you can try to build up your immune system to help your body to fight against this infection (sometimes low immune system is main reason for these infections). You can accomplish this by adjusting your nutrition, increase intake of fluids into your organism especially juices from freshly squeezed fruits or you can take some supplements of vitamins and other essential nutrients.