Hello, few day ago my throat started to "itch" when I swollowed somthing, I also got a mild fever. A day later the throat wasn't so bad anymore, and the fever also went away. The other thing that was happening during this that didnt go away, was pain when I talked, or swollowed beneath my ears. WHen I touched the spot that hurt, I felt I think enlarged lymph nodes. They also hurt when I touch them... Should I get this checked out or will this go away? I also should mention that I had my tonsils removed four months ago.. are the lymph nodes just fighting the infection that the tonsils are suppose to fight, but since they're not there anymore, the lymph nodes are?

I am sure they are just fighting an infection. The most common symptoms of lymph nodes fighting an infection are the swelling of one or more nodes, possible tenderness upon touching, and hard and non-movable glands.

Now, they may fight viral or bacterial infections and I reckon you should see a doc to determine which of the infections it is. Viral infection are not treated while bacterial infection must be treated, otherwise they may not leave the body and could even progress to other parts of the body like ears for example and cause more mess.

This is why I think you should see a doc as well as to rule out other possible causes.

THank you so much for getting back to me. I did go see the doctor today and it was bacterial. He prescribed some antibiotic and I shall see him in two weeks to follow up on that and other blood work he is having me go for. thank you so much again, and I'll be back if I have a qeustion.
Maggie