This morning I have noticed something that really scared me. I saw my occipital nodes swells a little and it hurts me. I do not know what it could be, so I am afraid of every terrible diagnosis that is still unknown for me. I would like to hear if anyone knows more about this. Why some people notice swelling of lymph nodes, and what does it means?

I cannot give you appropriate diagnosis online, for that, you need physical examination. Your doctor should look at the occipital nodes you mention, and then he could give you diagnosis. All I can do it to give you explanation what swollen occipital gland mean. This term refers to enlargement of one or more lymph nodes. First thing, you have to know is what for lymph nodes exist. They play an important role in human body defense against infection. They produce lymph, which travels through body in the lymph system, and there it filters impurities in body. You occipital lymph nodes could become swollen from infection, inflammatory conditions, an abscess, or cancer. Some other causes of enlarged lymph nodes are rare. By far, the most common cause of swollen lymph nodes is infection, which I believe is your problem. When swelling appears suddenly and is painful, like in your case, it is usually caused by injury or an infection.

On Monday I went to the Doctor and I was diagnosed with an ear infection in both ears, an upper respitory infection and a throat infection. When I got home I noticed a hard lump on the back of my head/neck near my hairline on the right side of the spine. It is hard, below the skin, it does not move and does not hurt. The swelling has not gone down at all. Could this be a swollen gland becuase of my infections?

You are speaking of the Occipital lymph node. Often a swollen lymph node is a sign of infection.

i have been battling swollen occipital lymph nodes for the past year and a half........ i have tried everything from hot compresses tea bag cold compresses medication and then i finally went to a surgeon to find out why it is still there and he said that it is because i have psoriasis on my scalp and it got infected but since i have a bad immune system and need a liver transplant that it did not go down so i am having a biopsy in 10 days to make sure that it is not cancer. my advice is to go to a dermatologist because occipital nodes are to filter the body of toxin such as infection the occipital is all about the scalp and ears.